Thursday, February 26, 2009

Unbe-fucking-lievable

Congressman Earl Blumenauer from Oregon, following a monkey attack in Connecticut, pushed for legislation to restrict the transport of non-human primates across state borders -- I shit you not. And Congress actually debated this ridiculous issue -- Is shit you not.

I thought the baseball steroid hearings were bad enough, but back then we only had an unnecessary war going on, so what the hell, right?

But sweet Lord, we are in the middle of a massive economic crisis and we have two wars in the Middle East with which to contend. It's like living FDR's first and third terms at the same time.

Congress, step into my office, because you're fucking fired.

1 comment:

  1. First, I want to clear the deck; I own no monkeys.

    It kind of makes Jim Bunning's detour into MLB steroid legislation seem lucid and cogent by comparison.

    ReplyDelete